I’m cleansing again for another few weeks. (The Master Clease) This one will help me get through this plateau I’m on. I’m at the weight now I was for at least 5 years or so. My trainer and I don’t want to lose the momentum in the weight loss so here we go again! I’m also hoping this one will bring me down a solid 12 to 15lbs so I can really start to run more during my cardio work outs. I want my knees to be back to normal soon. I wonder how much more weight has to come off for that? Or if they will ever be back to normal where I can hike again, run again, have agility to play tennis better and SO much more!
My last cleanse was more of an emotional detox then anything else. I was able to cleanse a lot my emotional relationship attachments. I’m still working the relationship I have with food too. Every time I do a cleanse I learn more and more. You’d think that wouldn’t be true since I’m not eating solid food on a cleanse. However, when I’m not eating I have to walk through all of what life brings me and not use food to cope or celebrate.
I find it interesting how my close friends, co-workers or even strangers react when I tell them I’m on a cleanse. I have a few friends who get mad because our plans can’t revolve around food. I realize food is a big part of the way society celebrates and seems to be the focus of fellowship with each other. But perhaps that’s why American’s are the biggest we’ve ever been!! Everything revolves around food. I’m learning to look at food as nutrition more and more. I don’t know if I’ll be able to look at it 100% that way because one of my favorite hobbies and creative outlets is cooking. The Food Network ROCKS!!! I know if I had the thought of becoming a chef when I was a kid, I’d be doing that today professionally! That’s how much I love flavor combinations and love tasting really yummy foods.
With that thought, I love photography too! Perhaps I can combine my two loves someday and write a healthy cookbook and take all the photo’s for it too!
Ok, back to cleansing…. Here’s a list of 17 benefits from cleansing that I’ve seen and experienced:
- Zero Inflammation in my body (especially my knees)
- Very Soft Skin
- Sleeping much better
- Blood Sugar Lvls are within normal range (I’m a diabetic)
- Great way to start a healthier routine and develop better eating habits
- Weight Loss
- Eliminating Unhealthy Cravings for Healthier Ones
- Feeling So Clean Inside
- Total Detoxification of the Body
- Removes Heavy Metals
- Immune System Becomes Stronger because it Cleanses Impurities like Bacteria, Parasites, Pollution, Viruses, Fungi & Toxins
- Cleanses Vital Organs such as the Liver, Colon, Urinary Tract, Skin Pores, Sweat Glands to allow them or do their functions better
- Energy Levels and Stamina are Higher
- Aides in the Fight Against Additions (for me food)
- Detoxing of Emotions
- Spiritual Fasting
- Brain Chemistry (improved memory and my thoughts become crystal clear)